The Rocky Rams Jr Hockey Program is seeking an Assistant Coach for the upcoming 2019/20 season. As an Asst Coach, you will be an integral member of the Rocky Rams Hockey Club. Reporting to the Head Coach & Management to develop players and produce on ice results.
The assistant coach’s responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach and GM in all duties involved in running a competitive junior hockey program.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Coach in organization, administration and implementation of the hockey program.
- Assisting the Head Coach with yearly planning and schedules on-ice sessions.
- Attending and running player selection camp under the direction of the Head Coach
- Assisting in recruiting and player evaluations for perspective athletes.
- On-site coaching in pre-season and regular season & playoff games and practices, under the guidance of the Head Coach
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with Head Coach, staff, players, and team members & referees
- Ensure the safety and well-being of athletes
- Assisting with the inventory of hockey equipment and supplies at the request of the Equipment Manager.
- Assisting the Head Coach and the game day staff with promotional activities and special events for the hockey program.
- Assisting in coordinating, organizing and attending community activities.
Key Personal Attributes are:
- Enthusiasm for the sport
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability & desire to inspire and motivate others
- Skill in analyzing the sport
- Patience and determination, a desire to improve players
- Organizational abilities
- Sensitivity and a supportive manner
- Ability to develop and revise training and coaching material
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the junior level is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong positive communication and interpersonal skills with all levels
- Flexible to accommodate late evening and weekend practices and games, would be expected to attend the majority of all home and away games.
- Respect In Sport is an asset but can be provided
Please forward your cover letter, resume and proposal to email@example.com. This is a voluntary position. Only potential applicants will be contacted.